Mark your calendars for the FREE 2nd Annual Walk and Pedal for the Planet event, hosted by Fossil Free Fredericksburg.
What: A fun community event that focuses on renewable energy and a sustainable lifestyle.
Where: Old Mill Park, Fredericksburg VA
When: Sunday, October 13 at 10AM
Why: To demonstrate to the community our desire to make the city of Fredericksburg a 100% Clean Energy City by 2050 or earlier!
10 – 11 a.m.
- Brief Welcome Message from Fossil Free Fredericksburg
- There will be a Bike Decorating Station
- Visit with Local and State Environmental Organizations
- Write your own Environmental Message on the Heritage Trail
11 – 11:30 a.m.
- Continue earlier activities…
- Message from our Youth: You will hear from elementary school, high school, and college environmental advocates
- A local religious leader will send us on our way to the Friends of the Rappahannock
11:30 – 12 p.m.
- Walk to the Friends of the Rappahannock and hear their commitment to the River and Fredericksburg.
12 – 1 p.m.
- On your own, continue around the Heritage Trail. Water will be at Cossey Pond stop as well as an activity for kids!
NO RAIN DATE! Please bring your own water bottles. Any trash brought in must be carried out with you. We encourage participants to bring their hybrid and electric cars to the event. Parking is available at the park and on surrounding streets.